Hat Trick for Hetton Lyons Cricket Club

By Groundhopper at Annfield
Hetton Lyons made history as they became the first team to win The FA Carlsberg Sunday Cup three times with a 4-2 win over Magnet Tavern at Anfield
Sunday April 25th Annfield the Home of Liverpool Fc the FA Carlsberg Sunday Cup Final Durham Sunday League Side Hetton Lyons Cricket Club v Magnet Tavern from the Spalding Sunday League


Hetton Lyons Cricket Club
 Keith Finch,Kallum Griffiths, Chris Mason, Lewis Dodds,Leon Ryan Captain, Stephen Capper, Craig Ruddy, Daniel Moore, Gavin Cogdon,Anthony Peacock, Michael Rae. Subs Warren Byrne, Jason Ainsley, Calvin Smith, Chris Lawther, Simon Bishop. White Shirts Black Shorts

Magnet Tavern
Rob Murray, Mitch Griffiths, Mark Coulson, Westley Lewis, Ben Brown Captain, Will Fordham, Laszio Lovas, Paul Goodhand,Miles Hunter, Josh Sozzo, Ashley Fuller. Subs: Luigi Rocco, Adam Brown, Chris Johnson, Jason King, Matt Kennedy. Orange Shirts and White Shorts.
The Big Surprise in the Magnet Tavern Team selection was the Non appearance of former Leicester and Aston Villa striker Julian Joachim. Magnet Tavern manager John Chand "It would be strange for him if he makes The Final, especially as Julian has played at Wembley for Villa. But I have to pick a team from a squad of players, and Julian is one of the players in contention," claimed Chand.Joachim, who Aston Villa signed in a £1.6 million deal in 1996, has over 100 League goals to his name and Scored Two Goals for the Tavern  in the 3-1 quarter-final win over Lebeq Tavern Courage. Both Sides Took the Field at 1-50 pm it was slightly overcast but very warm the Annfield pa System blasting out Music to keep the Crowd happy, The Fans from Both Sides were sitting in the Famous Kop end, both Giving the Teams a Noisy welcome on the Field. The Teams lined up in front of the Main stand and were introduce to Mr  Peter Clayton The Chairman of the FA Sunday Cup Committee.The Game Started with Hetton Kicking towards the Famous Kop end. Hetton were quickly into the Game, Ruddy breaking down the Left wing, the cross brought a save out of the Magnet Keeper Murray. The Hetton Supporters in the Kop End exploded into Life in the 4th Min Gavin Cogdon was fed the ball on the right wing from a Throw Inn he ran along the Bye Line evading a Tackle from Magnet defender  Coulson  and somehow fired the Ball between Magnet Keeper Murray and the Post to put Hetton 1-0 Up. Magnet restarted the Game looking to level the scores, they put the Hetton Defence under pressure Sozzo forcing Hetton Keeper Finch to make a Great save, but in the 9th Minute the scores were level at 1-1 with the Tavern Supporters now celebrating in the Kop end Westley Lewis Cut Inside found Ashley Fuller unmarked he gets to the Hetton Bye line pulls the Ball back into the crowed Box for Josh Sozzo to fire past Hetton Keeper Finch.

The scores level at 1-1 with only 10 Mins on the clock. The Game wide open as both sides look to take the lead. On 20 Mins  the Magnet Keeper Murray make a Great save from Hetton Forward Cogdon, minutes later Hetton Forward Peacock hit the Bottom of the Post .The game flowed form end to end with Magnet Forward Fuller should have done better on  28 mins as his toe poke  was wide of the Hetton post.The Hetton Supporters in Full Voice  as Hetton went Close in the 35 Min Cogdons Fierce Volley  flies into the side Netting. 5 Mins later Ruddy fires wide from 30 Yards .Hetton were not having it all their way as Magnet Forward Hunter fires from 20 Yds Hetton keeper luckily pushes the effort against the post and safely collects the rebound. The First Change of the game on 43 Mins sees Magnet Forward Sozzo replaced by Chris Johnson , Sozzo  feeling an earlier Injury and unable to continue.
The Referee Mr Deadman blows the whistle to bring to an end a very exciting First Half of Football ending at 1-1.Hetton Start the Second Half on fire within 2 Mins Both Ruddy and Cogdon force the Magnet Keeper to make very good saves, Hetton  Manager Bradley Groves  changed to formation for the second Half with  Peacock playing a Lot further forward. On  50 Minutes Peacock  latches on to an excellent through ball from Cogdon, but Magnet Keeper Murray makes a Point Blank save.Hettons Pressure paid of in the 55 min  corner from the right by Capper found Rea , man-of-the-match Rae kept his cool to fire Hetton into the Lead. Magnet Hit back Goodhands Shot is Blocked By  Hetton Keeper Finch on 57 Mins.On 59 Minutes  Hetton Go further Ahead Cogdon  fires at Magnet Keeper Murray who parries the ball into the path of the oncoming Rae who fires the ball into the net to make it 3-1 to Hetton. Magnet make a substitution in the 63 rd Min when Ashley Fuller was replaced By Matt Kennedy, Hetton Forward Curls the Ball over the Magnet Cross bar on  70 Mins  with magnet Keeper Murray well beaten. Magnet looked to pull a goal back 3mins later Goodhand fires from inside the Box  hits a Hetton defender  Massive appeals for Handball but Referee Deadman waves play on.Hetton were now on top and had a Great chance in the 72min Rae received a Pass from Peacock  but Fired wide. Magnet Use their last Substitute when Lovas was Carried from the Field injured, Luigi Rocco the replacement.Hetton also make their first change when Man Of the match Rae was replaced By  Chris Lawther and Calvin Smith replaced the hard working Ruddy. Magnet were reduced to 10 Men when a Stretcher was called for  Brown as Magnet had used all their Substitutes  they were to play the game out with 10 Men.Hetton started to play Possession football to run the clock down, they made another substitution in the  84 Min Cogdon was replaced by Warren Byrne, Hetton were given a shock the battling 10 men gained a Corner on 89 Mins the ball was punched out to full back Mark Coulson who fired an unstoppable Volley from some 20
Yds into the Top Corner Magnet wiould not Give Up , now 3-2 to Hetton the Fourth Official Holds Up the Board to show 4 Mins of added time, Magnet Pushed forward looking to level the scores, from a Magnet Free Kick  the ball was cleared  Sub Chris Lawther  breaks away and a one on one with the Magnet Keeper Fires the ball into the Bottom of the Net to make it 4-2 to Hetton.Minutes later the Ref Blew for Time, the Hetton Supporters in the Kop end  who had sung their hearts out during the game  were dancing and singing.Hetton were presented with the Trophy by Mr Peter Clayton
Hetton’s third Football Association Sunday Cup Final triumph, this shows of their formidable pedigree in the competition in recent years. They were winners of the competition in 2006 and 2008, while last year they were knocked out by Scots Grey, the eventual winners. The premier Sunday Cup competition the Final gave the players the chance to emulate some of the world’s most famous names who have played at Anfield.The Hetton Supporters some 500 sang their Hearts out throughout the Game, the songs carrying around Annfield, the Hetton players once Given the Trophy stood in front of the Kop to show their magnificent Support the  FA Sunday Cup Trophy..
Photos By Graham Lilley
 In the Premier Division Burnmoor Cricket Club Travelled to Ferryhill Wmc in a Typical end of season match, a Goal on  35 min, for Burnmoor  when Jon Caris supplied the through-ball, and Andy Colledge found the net from just inside the box with a well-finished left footed effort., This was not enough as Ferryhill won 2-1,Kelloe Wmc were 3-1 winners at all ready relegated Burnside Wmc, Brandon Bay Horse were 2-0 winners at  Langley Park wmc, Houghton Glendale Travelled to Sedgefield to play the St Edmunds  but the Stronger Home side were 2-1 winners. Newton Aycliffe Wmc were 2-0 home winners Over Sacriston Cricket Club.

In the First Division Houghton Mill All Stars ended a five game losing streak with a fine 2-0 win at home to Esh Winning CC.After twenty minutes Nick Thompson rounded Esh keeper Jamie Robinson after a neat pass from David Hall and Steve Fenn was on hand to knock home Mill's first. This was Fenn's 188th goal for The Mill which moved him into top spot as the clubs all time top goalscorer ending Michael Hall's twenty year reign at number one. After fifty minutes Mill were unlucky not to double their lead when Jamie Parker's close range effort rattled the crossbar.On seventy minutes a David Hall inswinging corner kick was met at the far post by a Steve Fenn header for goal 189 which  sealed the game at 2-0. Gilesgate Moor Hotel were  8-3 winners at Waterhouses Fc, In the Big Washington Derby the Biddick Inn entertained  Washington JFC, it was the JFC who were 1-0 winners.

In the Second Division Chester Osborne and Visititors The Steelers Shared the Points in a 0-0 draw, Sherburn Lambton Arms Lost 4-0 at Durham Bede Lodge, Pelton were 3-2 Home winners over Coxhoe Wmc.Chilton wmc were made to work for their 3-2 away win at Pittington Fc, Bishop Middleham Cross Keys returned to winning ways with a Fine 4-3 win at West Rainton Fc. Ushaw Moor Cricket Club Crashed to a 5-1 away defeat at Sedgefield Black Lion.

In the Third Division Washington Usworth Top Club won 4-3 at Ferryhill Dynamoes, Pelaw Grange Dogs Travelled to Play Sedgefield Net Park as they were missing 5 regular players. If it hadn't been for keeper Wayne Laws it may of reached double figures .

In the Fourth Division Chester Easystreet Fc were 4-3 winners against New Durham Wmc, The Bird Inn beat Quarrington Hill wmc 5-1, Kelloe Davy Lamp and Visitors Framwellgate Moor Wmc shared the Points in a 2-2 Draw, Oxclose Ox and Plough Crashed to a 7-0 defeat at Neville’s Cross Social.

This Friday sees  the First League Final of the Season

FRIDAY 30 APRIL 2010 (KICK-OFF 7-30 p.m.)
D & P Trophies Knockout Cup Final (Played At New Ferens Park, Durham, Kick-Off 7.30 P.M.)                         
Langley Park Wmc    V  Houghton Glendale Social        
RAMSIDE HALL HOTEL CUP-WINNERS CUP FINAL (PLAYED AT NEW FERENS PARK, DURHAM, KICK-OFF 7.30 p.m.)                                          
KELLOE WMC              V  HETTON LYONS CC FC                   
FRIDAY 14 MAY 2010
SUNDAY 16 MAY 2010
JD TAXIS GUARDS CUP FINAL (PLAYED AT NEW FERENS PARK, DURHAM, KICK-OFF 10.30 a.m.)                                                                 
GILESGATE MOOR HOTEL FC  V  WASHINGTON JFC FC                               
FRIDAY 21 MAY 2010
KELLOE WMC               V SEDGEFIELD BLACK LION FC  G. BELL               
SUNDAY 23 MAY 2010